FALCON (Fellowship in Anatomic DeLineation and CONtouring) is the multifunctional ESTRO platform for contouring and delineation. For ESTRO 2021 we will be offering 5 contouring workshops onsite in Madrid and online. The onsite workshops will take place in a blended format and will be live-streamed from Madrid via Zoom for delegates who prefer to join online. The online workshops will take place via Zoom.
Small Cell Lung Carcinoma
Tuesday 17 August | 18:00 - 20:00
Thursday 19 August| 18:00 - 20:00
OAR Head & Neck
Tuesday 24 August | 18:00 - 20:00
Also available via live-stream from Madrid on Zoom for delegates who prefer to join online. Registered delegates will receive a link.
Breast Cancer: Boost and PBI TV Contouring
Saturday 28 August | 14:30 - 16:30
Breast Cancer: TV Contouring After Mastectomy
Sunday 29 August | 14:30 - 16:30
The delineation workshops are aimed at junior clinical or radiation oncologists who want to improve their contouring skills or at more senior specialists who want to refresh and validate their knowledge and skills in this field.
Structure of the Workshop
Each of the workshop sessions last for two hours. The session will cover the following areas:
- Presentation of the delineation guidelines
- Comment of participants’ contours and comparison to the reference contours
- Discussion between participants and experts
Practical Information and Registration
Attendees need to register separately to the contouring workshops. They are not part of the general congress fee.
Workshop participants are required to bring their own computer. ESTRO is not able to provide any computers for attendees.
FALCON workshops have been organised at ESTRO congresses since 2010 and have been growing steadily in popularity.
Attending a FALCON workshop offers the opportunity for individual professionals to:
- Validate their contouring practice during workshops by comparing them with those from experts and other participants
- Learn the guidelines and best practices proposed by the experts
- Discuss with experts and panellists
- Communicate and use the delineation guidelines to further integrate them into your daily practice.