The European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO) is looking for a PROJECT MANAGER EDUCATION to coordinate and organize scientific courses.
Founded in 1980, ESTRO, the European SocieTy for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), is a non-profit and scientific organisation that fosters the role of Radiation Oncology in order to improve patients’ care in the multimodality treatment of cancer.
With over 7 600 members in and outside Europe, ESTRO supports all the Radiation Oncology professionals in their daily practice: Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiobiologists and RTTs (Radiation Therapists) and the wider oncology community.
ESTRO’s mission is to promote innovation, research, and dissemination of science through its congresses, special meetings, educational courses and publications.
You are responsible for the smooth, efficient and cost-effective organization of ESTRO teaching courses and educational projects. You ensure both the logistical aspects of the teaching courses and the coordination of the work of the ESTRO faculties. You act as a contact point for faculties and attendees.
- Ensure logistical organization of live ESTRO teaching courses:
- Venues selection and negotiation
- Coordination with local DMC
- On site management: registrations, set up…
- Ensure logistical organization of online ESTRO teaching courses:
- Management of the online platforms (eg: Zoom, Moodle…)
- Management of accounts, providing credentials to attendees, managing virtual meeting rooms and online voting system such as Turning Point
- Manage the budget of the courses you are responsible for on a cost-effective way
- Liaise with the faculty and with the participants, all coming from different countries, before, during and after the courses, both live and online
- Act as contact point for the teaching course faculty: coordinate the work of the faculties and provide support
- Act as contact point for the teaching course attendees: production of teaching courses documents, handling attendees’ queries…
- Manage the tools and software needed for the educational activities (Live, Blended and Online)
- Follow-up the marketing and communication activities related to your courses, together with the dedicated ESTRO staff
- Coordinate the educational annual programme, together with the education team
- Provide IT support on-site
- Other duties as per defined projects
- Participating to and/or leading transversal projects
If you combine following criteria and qualities, then you are probably the person we are looking for:
- Be eager to work in an International environment
- Have strong organization skills and a key sense of collaboration
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to function in a multi-task environment with colleagues of different nationalities
- Be flexible and able to cope with pressure
- Be diplomatic, sociable and keen to engage conversation with people from around the world
- Have a service minded attitude toward the course faculties and participants
- Have excellent English (written and verbal)
- Have a good understanding of budget management
- Be tech-savvy
- And last but not least have excellent communication skills.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English (with reference “Education20” in the subject line) by 30 November 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview before 6 December 2020.