ESTRO in a few words
Founded in 1980, ESTRO, the European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), is a non-profit and scientific organisation that aims at reinforcing radiation oncology as a core partner in multidisciplinary cancer care and at guaranteeing accessible and high-value radiation therapy for all cancer patients who need it.
With over 9 000 members in and outside Europe, ESTRO supports all the Radiation Oncology professionals in their daily practice: Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiobiologists and RTTs (Radiation Therapists) and the wider oncology community.
ESTRO’s mission is to promote innovation, research, and dissemination of science through its congresses, special meetings, educational courses and publications.
In close collaboration with the Head of Unit, the Junior Marketing Project Manager at ESTRO plays a crucial role in developing and executing comprehensive marketing and communication strategies. The position involves promoting various activities and initiatives of the organization, with a specific focus on the maintenance and enhancement of ESTRO’s e-learning platform. This role requires effective collaboration with internal staff, consultants, volunteers, and external partners. The Junior Marketing Project Manager will oversee a diverse range of tasks spanning social media, events, copyright management, e-learning, and reporting.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans for ESTRO activities, tailoring strategies to specific target audiences, and concurrently manage social media messaging, content schedules, and event planning.
- Collaborate with relevant staff members and units to ensure cohesive and effective communication efforts.
- Work with consultants and suppliers to create visually engaging materials, including infographics, printed materials, and videos in line with ESTRO branding.
- Execute all communication requests from external partners in accordance with ESTRO's support policy.
- Write, edit, and distribute content for various online platforms, including website, social media channels, e-learning platform, and digital marketing materials.
- Propose and implement improvements to enhance the organization's online presence.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to enhance the user experience and content offerings on the platform.
- Jointly with the IT department, ensure the effective operation and maintenance of the platform, aiming for optimal functionality.
- Assist in the seamless execution of ESTRO events by undertaking various responsibilities:
- Preparation of engaging PowerPoint presentations,
- Coordination of promotional material production
- Management of photographer agendas
- Facilitation of onsite interviews
- Coordinate onsite event campaigns to maximize their effectiveness.
- Manage logistics for ESTRO booths at non-ESTRO conferences, including booth booking, event material selection, and impact analysis.
- Compile statistics related to marketing actions and campaigns, collecting and coordinating monthly reports. Monitor and analyse the results of these reports to assess the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
Other duties as per defined scope.
Participating to and/or leading transversal projects.
Occasional travelling is required.
Education and professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant and proven experience in marketing and communications creating content to support organisational goals, preferably in a non-profit association of a scientific nature.
If you also combine following criteria and qualities, then you are probably the person we are looking for:
- Excellent command of English, verbal and written. Other languages are an asset but not mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and content management systems.
- Understanding of e-learning tools and technologies.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools, video production, and marketing software.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative international environment.
- Familiarity with the healthcare or non-profit sector is an advantage.
- Sense of priorities and accountability
- Analytical skills.
What we offer
At ESTRO, you'll experience a great working environment with colleagues from all over the world who are very respectful of each other. We foster a culture built on trust and flexibility, ensuring you have the freedom to excel. In addition to the salary, our comprehensive benefits package includes hospitalization, outpatient care, travel, and pension insurance and much more.
Teleworking is not just an option; it's a standard practice at ESTRO. As an employee, you may take control of your work-life balance by choosing if you want to work from home or from the office, with the added perk of a 4-day workweek under certain conditions.
Last but not least, our offices are easily accessible by public transport and different training can be provided to meet a number of educational/development needs.
Elevate your career with us and be part of a workplace that values your well-being and success.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English (with reference “MKG” in the subject line) by 20 December 2023 latest to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Contacts should happen in December.