ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Wednesday 13 October 2021 (23h59 CET)
The abstract submission for ICHNO-ECHNO 2022 is open now! Please access the online submission with the blue the Start Submission -button in upper right corner.
The submission deadline is 13 October 2021 (23h59 CET). Abstracts must be submitted online on the ESTRO website at www.estro.org.
We highly recommend completing your submission early, otherwise authors may experience technical delays due to server overload.
For questions regarding the online submission process, please e-mail email@example.com.
With the submission of the abstract for ICHNO-ECHNO 2022 congress, the corresponding (presenting) author:
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the abstract and ascertains that all authors are aware of the content before submission
- Accepts to be the contact person for all correspondence related to the abstract and to inform the co-authors about its status
- Accepts to identify any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This includes stock ownership, membership on any advisory boards, commercially sponsored research or any other substantial relationships.
- Certifies that the information to be reported is for exclusive presentation in the session to which the abstract will be assigned if accepted and that the information will not be presented as such at any commercially sponsored satellite symposia during the conference
- Abstracts are embargoed until 1 month prior to the congress, at which point the abstract book is published online and abstracts are included in the searchable programme. Should you wish for an abstract to be embargoed until the congress, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2021.
Abstracts must be submitted and presented at the conference in English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject an abstract written in poor English.
Abstracts will be anonymised before review to ensure fairness and eliminate possible bias.
Topic category: choose the topic category that refers to the main subject of the abstract. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to re-categorise the abstract. (Available topics are listed at the end of the guidelines).
Presentation preference: authors should indicate the presentation preference (oral or poster). Please note that opting for a poster presentation would mean that your abstract will not be considered for presentation as an oral communication by the Scientific Committee. Please choose this option only in the event that you are not able to deliver a presentation at the conference (due to language limitations for example).
Keywords: authors are required to provide 1 to 3 keywords (different from category).
Title: Abstract titles should be brief and reflect the content of the abstract. The title (maximum 100 characters) is important since it focuses attention (it is the “showcase” for the presentation). Do not use capital letters in the title except for words that are always capitalised and do not use non-standard abbreviations. Prospective clinical trials should be identified as such in the title of the abstract (include The National Clinical Trial number when applicable)
Body of the abstract: Abstracts should be structured in such a way as to include (1) Purpose/Objective; (2) Material/methods; (3) Results (4) Conclusion.
The online abstract submission procedure:
- the online abstract submission system will not accept abstracts that exceed 3,000 characters (body of the abstract, including spaces).
- The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation must be placed (in round brackets) after the first appearance of the word for which it stands.
- Table and image: with their submission authors may include maximum two (2) uploads (tables or images) in JPG or PNG formats. These uploads are not included in the number of characters. The maximum pixel size of an image is 600(w) x 800 (h) pixel.
- Data table: authors may include one data table using the insert table icon (we advise not to copy-paste a table into the body of the abstract). The characters in a data table are included in the overall number of characters allowed.
- Equations: can be inserted in the text as images.
FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS AND ABSTRACT SELECTION PROCESS
Abstracts submitted for presentation will be reviewed by an international panel of experts in the field of the subject. Abstract review criteria are based on clarity, supporting data, scientific rigour, potential significance, interest in the topic chosen and innovation or usefulness.
- Work in progress: abstracts on research obviously not yet performed and results not yet obtained will be banned.
- Case studies will not be considered (only if first in man)
- Encore abstracts: papers already presented in another meeting will not be considered, unless the previous audience is distinct from the ICHNO congress audience (e.g. national meetings).
- Abstracts should include new information and not solely include materials already published.
- Similar abstracts: if very similar abstracts are submitted by the same authors, the Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to select only one of the abstracts and reject any others.
Abstracts will be selected for one of the following presentation formats:
Oral presentation: abstract selected for oral presentation are presented at any of the proffered paper sessions.
Poster presentation: abstracts that have been selected for presentation in a poster format. The posters are grouped by topic and are displayed throughout the meeting.
Withdrawal of an abstract: Submitted abstracts can be withdrawn until 10 November 2021. (To withdraw your abstract, you should send an email to email@example.com). After this date, withdrawal of abstracts is no longer possible. Abstracts selected for oral / poster presentation should be presented at the meeting. If the first (presenting) author cannot attend the conference, he / she should assign a replacement and inform the ESTRO office of the replacement as soon as possible.
Notification of outcome of abstract submission will be sent by email in early-December 2021.
Please note that acceptance of abstract does not entitle to a complimentary registration. Presenting authors should register for the congress by 15 December 2021.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION TOPICS FOR ICHNO-ECHNO 2022
1. Epidemiology and prevention
2. Imaging, radiomics and artificial intelligence
3. HPV or EBV related cancers
4. Innovative treatments
5. Minimal invasive and reconstructive surgery
6. Multidisciplinary management
7. Biology and molecular targeting
9. Supportive care, quality of life, rehabilitation
10. Salivary gland, skull base, skin and thyroid cancers
11. Management of elderly or frail patients