Room Ambra 7
FALCON (Fellowship in Anatomic DeLineation and CONtouring) is the multifunctional ESTRO platform for contouring and delineation. Eight such workshops have been planned for ESTRO 38.
OAR on head and neck cancer
Friday 26 April 2019 from 08:00-10:00 (repeated Saturday 27 April from 14:30-16:30) Room Ambra 7
Friday 26 April 2019 from 10:30-12:30 (repeated Sunday 28 April from 14:30-16:30) Room Ambra 7
Friday 26 April 2019 from 13:30-15:30 (repeated Monday 29 April from 14:30-16:30) Room Ambra 7
Primary vaginal cancer
Friday 26 April 2019 from 16:00-18:00 (repeated Tuesday 30 April from 09:15 – 11:15) Room Ambra 7
The delineation workshops are aimed at all radiation oncology professionals who want to improve their contouring skills. Three types of cases are dedicated to radiation oncologists: a common case, a rare case and a more advanced case. The OAR case is especially targeted to radiation therapists (RTTs) and dosimetrists.
- Presentation of the clinical case and the delineation exercise
- Explanation of the contouring software
- 20 minutes for the first delineation on site
- Presentation of the delineation guidelines
- 20 minutes for the second delineation on site
- Discussion between experts and participants
FALCON workshops have been organised at ESTRO congresses since 2010 and have been growing steadily in popularity.
Attending a FALCON workshop offers the opportunity for individual professionals to:
- Validate their contouring practice during live workshops by comparing them with those from experts and other participants
- Learn the indications proposed by the experts that coordinate the workshops
- Discuss with other participants, experts and panelists
- Communicate and use the delineation guidelines in order to further integrate them into daily practice.