Clinical Translation of FLASH Therapy - PDF Version
Thursday 15 September 2022
Auditorium PATERNOT AGORA
Rue du Bugnon 21, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Dear Colleagues, Dear friends,
Ultra-high dose rate irradiations remarkably spare normal healthy tissues, while retaining anti-tumour efficacy. This outstanding observation, referred as “FLASH effect”, is opening new horizons in radiation oncology. However how to use FLASH clinically is not fully understood and a matter of debate.
To stimulate the clinical translation of FLASH Therapy, Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) and the Foundation of Cancer Research (ISREC) are organising on the 15 September 2022 a one day multidisciplinary workshop gathering distinguished international experts for FLASH, and entitled:
“… Debates on clinical translation of FLASH radiotherapy …”
The workshop will provide a unique stage for debates and open round table discussions on key aspects and controversies for the clinical transfer of FLASH therapy:
- How robust and clinically meaningful is FLASH?
- What is the best clinical modality for FLASH … protons… electrons… other…?
- What are the critical FLASH parameters for clinical translation?
- What are the missing pre-clinical data for optimizing FLASH clinical use?
- Is the technology ready for beam diagnostics, dosimetry and treatment planning systems (TPS)?
- How to combine FLASH with high precision delivery?
The key industrial partners for FLASH therapy are supporting the meeting, providing additional opportunities for fruitful interactions among participants.
We look forward to welcoming you at this exiting meeting in the delightful city of Lausanne!
To register >>>
For more information email >>>
Prof. Jean BOURHIS, UNIL-CHUV, Lausanne
Prof. Marie Catherine VOZENIN, UNIL-CHUV Lausanne
Prof. Susan GASSER, ISREC Foundation, Lausanne
On behalf of the organising committee