It is my privilege and great pleasure to invite you to ESTRO 2020. The congress will take place, for the first time, in a fully digital setting from 28 November – 1 December 2020.
ESTRO is a multi-professional society focusing on radiation oncology as a core component of high- quality, multidisciplinary cancer treatment, in partnership with other oncology societies.
Radiotherapy is a team effort, delivered by an interdisciplinary team consisting of radiation oncologists, clinical oncologists, medical physicists, radiobiologists, radiation therapists (RTTs) and nurses. The Society wishes to engage them all in their congress, together and in discussion with other oncology specialists.
In line with the ESTRO vision 2030 ‘Radiation Oncology. Optimal Health for all, together’, ESTRO 2020 will convey the theme ‘Translating research and partnership into optimal health’.
Advances in technologies and methodologies of radiation oncology continue to evolve very rapidly. However, these innovations will only truly provide impact when the new findings can be translated into clinical applications that will result in optimal benefit for each individual patient in daily practice. Radiation oncology professionals should not try to achieve such optimal outcome by themselves, but in dialogue and partnership with all relevant stakeholders: other oncology specialists at national, European and international level; patient representatives and advocates; and industry partners. ESTRO 2020 aims at stimulating all stakeholders to enhance and shape radiotherapy for optimal health for each cancer patient.
The comprehensive scientific programme at ESTRO 2020 offers state-of-the-art teaching lectures, symposia, debates on hot topics, as well as a range of educational activities such as pre-meeting courses, contouring workshops, and multidisciplinary tumour boards.
The interdisciplinary component of the scientific programme, getting more space compared to the past editions, will include sessions on the following topics:
- How can AI improve contouring?
- Spatially fractionated radiation therapy (SFRT) - GRID therapy
- Cancer metabolism: implication for imaging, radiation response prediction and tumor radiosensitisation
- Cardiac radio-ablation
- FLASH: Radiotherapy with ultra-high dose rates
- Ultra-hypofractionation for localised prostate cancer
- Management of complex skin targets: which radiation technique
- MR-guided Radiotherapy: state of the art and future perspectives
- Preventing radiation-induced toxicity for the H&N region
- Dose accumulation and re-irradiation for breast and thorax
- How PROMS will change radiotherapy practice
- Targeting microenvironment in radiotherapy: where are we now?
- Redefining oligometastatic disease: incorporating advanced imaging into clinical trials
- Combined radiotherapy and immunotherapy in NSCLC
Once again young members are working on preparing a dedicated Young Scientists Track encompassing relevant lectures and other activities. This will provide a unique opportunity to network and the possibility of becoming involved in, or even starting international and domestic projects.
ESTRO 2020 houses Europe’s largest industrial exhibition in radiation oncology, offering you a unique opportunity to interact, this time virtually, with industry leaders and to find here the latest developments in technology, techniques and oncology products.
We look forward to welcoming you to the first digital annual meeting!
With warm regards,
ESTRO 2020 Chair