Please find below the Frequently Asked Questions linked to the ESTRO 2020 reschedule.
I did register to ESTRO 2020 before the change of dates and I wish to attend ESTRO 2020 in Vienna at the new dates. What should I do?
If you plan to attend ESTRO 2020 this autumn, no action is required on your side. As a registered participant, your registration will automatically be transferred to the re-scheduled congress.
- If you are registered for the full Congress in July/August, you will have access to the full congress in November/December. In addition to the physical Congress, you will also have access to the online activities that will be organised in the framework of the blended programme as well as to the streamed sessions and the virtual technical exhibition.
- If you are registered for a specific day of ESTRO 2020, we will retain your registration. As of August, you will be able to select the day that you wish to attend in the updated programme.
I cannot attend ESTRO 2020 on the new dates. What should I do?
If the registration you bought for ESTRO 2020 is no longer a good fit for the new dates, several options are available:
- Participate online – Should you be unable to participate in the physical congress, you can access all the online content and the live stream of the Congress sessions by transforming your live registration to a digital subscription. When applicable, the difference in fee will be reimbursed.
- Change your registration type – If you are registered for the full congress in July/August but are no longer able to attend all days in November/December, you can change your status into a one-day registration. ESTRO will reimburse the price difference.
- Swap with a colleague – If you cannot attend, you can transfer your participation to one of your colleagues who would like to join ESTRO 2020. This option is only valid if your colleague comes from the same institution as you and can access the same fee category (e.g. in training member/student/RTT, ESTRO member, Non ESTRO Member, etc.).
- Cancel my registration – You can cancel your registration and get a full refund of the registration fee minus handling charges of 15%. This option is available until 2 months before ESTRO 2020, i.e. until 28 September 2020. Between 28 September and 12 November 2020, the refund will amount to 50% of the registration fee. No refund will be possible if the cancellation is postmarked after 12 November 2020.
Cancellation policy related to COVID-19: If you are unable to attend ESTRO 2020 due to the COVID-19 emergency, (e.g. lockdown enforced in your country, Visa restrictions, obligation to stay on-site by your institution), you are entitled to receive a full refund of your registration fee at any time, minus 15% handling charges. This policy applies to the following cases:
- You are suffering from the coronavirus before travelling to ESTRO 2020 (please provide us with an official document from your hospital or physician)
- A lockdown, quarantine or travel restrictions are being enforced in your city or country at the time of the event
- Your institution is requiring you to stay on-site (please provide us with an official statement from your employer)
- Your local embassy does not deliver Visas anymore (please provide us with an official statement from the embassy)
I cancelled my registration to ESTRO 2020 before it was postponed to November/December and I have not been refunded yet. Can I register again?
Of course! If your registration hasn’t been refunded yet, you can notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will transfer your registration to the new dates. You can also update the status of your registration depending on whether you wish to attend the full Congress, attend digitally, or a specific day (in which case ESTRO will reimburse the remaining balance).
I cancelled my registration to ESTRO 2020 before it was postponed and I have already been refunded. Can I register again?
If you have beeen reimbursed already, we can reactivate your registration and send you a new invoice. We will discount you the 15% handling charges that have been previoulsy deducted from your reimbursement. You can also update the status of your registration depending on whether you wish to attend the full Congress, attend digitally or attend a specific day (in which case ESTRO will reimburse the remaining balance). You can notify us at email@example.com and we will process your request.
Will ESTRO extend the deadline for the submission of abstracts in light of the ESTRO 2020 new dates?
No, abstract submission was closed on 23 October 2019 and the late breaking abstract submission on 15 January 2020. The abstract book (containing a compilation of abstracts as foreseen for the original congress dates) is available. Please visit the section ‘Programme’ below.
The deadline for submission of digital posters will remain 20 July 2020. The link to the posters will be made available shortly after this deadline.
Corresponding authors of abstracts selected for oral communication, poster presentations in the poster highlight, poster discussion or poster (electronic only) format, will receive further information via email.