Dose modelling and verification for external beam radiotherapy
The course is primarily aimed at and recommended for medical physicists and experienced dosimetrists working in treatment planning. The participants should preferably have some practical experience in radiotherapy physics and treatment planning systems. A good medical physics background is required.
Tommy Knöös, Physicist, Skåne University Hospital, Lund (SE)
Brendan Mc Clean, Physicist, St Luke’s Radiation Oncology Network, Dublin (IE)
Anders Ahnesjö, Physicist, Uppsala University (SE)
Crister Ceberg, Medical Physicist, Lund University, Lund (SE)
Maria Mania Aspradakis, Physicist, Cantonal Hospital of Lucerne (CH)
Núria Jornet, Physicist, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona (ES)
The course aims to:
- Review external therapy beam physics and beam modelling
- Make understandable the concepts behind dose algorithms and modelling in state-of-the-art treatment planning systems
- Make understandable the process of commissioning of treatent planning systems
- Review dosimetry methods of importance for commissioning and verification
- Review dose verification methods and to offer an overview of available technologies and evaluation methods
- Enable practical implementation of concepts for dose verification in advanced external beam therapy including SRT and IMRT.