4th International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Head and Neck Oncology
The European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO), the European Head and Neck Society (EHNS) and the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) with other European partners have the pleasure to invite you to participate in the fourth edition of the International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Head and Neck Oncology (ICHNO) which will be held from 7-9 February 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
This biennial conference promises once again to provide a forum for the dissemination of the most relevant and cutting edge science and innovation in the field of Head & Neck oncology. This conference has been shaping up to be a major international event in promoting multidisciplinarity in Head & Neck oncology.
With major emphasis on multidisciplinarity and innovation, this meeting will specifically cover the following topics:
- New insights in the epidemiology and prevention of H&N cancer
- Oncogenesis, HPV related cancers, immunology and vaccination
- Updated results of practice changing randomised trials
- Multidisciplinary management of H&N cancers
- Molecular targeted therapies & molecular imaging
- Novel radiation and surgical treatments
- Towards individualized management of H&N cancer
- Robotic and minimally invasive surgery
- Reconstructive and salvage surgery
- Elderly patients, co-morbidities and their effects on management
- New insight in systemic treatments of H&N cancers
- Thyroid, Nasopharynx cancers & rare H&N cancers
- Quality of life, supportive care and management of toxicities
The format of the meeting will combine prestigious invited “state of the art lectures”; lectures on the latest innovative approaches, and, proffered papers as well as poster presentations of new data in the field of H&N oncology. The programme will be enriched bypro and contra debates and interactive tumour board sessions where the audience will have the possibility to participate and share their input via an electronic voting system. There will also be a special focus on presentation of new data from practice changing randomised trials.
Ample time will be given for discussions to allow in-depth interactions among
the various disciplines and the participants. To stimulate multidisciplinary
interactions among the various specialists, all the lectures, debates, tumour
boards, and proffered papers will be held in the same conference room.
It is hoped that the mix of a rich and challenging scientific programme, and the never ending attraction of the city of Barcelona will convince you to attend this 4th International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Head and Neck Oncology.
Chairpersons of the 4th ICHNO conference:
Jean Bourhis - Branko Zakotnik - Jean Louis Lefebvre